Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Big 3-0

No, I am not turning 30 this week, although it would make much more sense to me to be turning 30 and be a mother of two, instead of being a mother of two at 23, but such is life. We passed the 30 week mark in pregnancy today. The boys are growing huge and I am growing huge and Ty...well he is just the same. It is a bit intimidating to outweigh your husband, but again, such is life. I am excited to be in the final stages of this pregnancy. I have never been pregnant before so I don't know what I would compare it to as far as it being a difficult or easy pregnancy, but so far things have been good. I feel myself getting slower, more tired, and more weak every day. I want the boys to be healthy, but I don't know how much longer my body is going to be able to sustain three lives! Time is moving so quickly that sooner or later they will be here, I will be in a completly different reality and life will have a whole new outlook. I am excited, nervous, anxious, scared, and all the appropriate adjectives that apply. Life is changing fast, but I am ready for it!

6 comments:

marciea casselman said...

I can't believe that you are 30 weeks along. That is great. Just hang in there and rest as much as you need to and can because you might not be able to as much later.

T and Jackie Isom said...

WOW! If you're 30 weeks along, that means I'm...I keep losng track. Ah well! I will now make a list of all the reasons why it's nice being pregnant:

1.People are nicer to you.
2. People feel sorry for you, so you get your way.
3. Hobos don't bother you as much.
4. People give you gifts.
5. You can use the excuse of being pregnant to literally get out of ANYTHING you don't want to do (I highly suggest it).
6. I guarantee you, you are more prepared to have your little babies than me!

See? There's a bright side...

Anonymous said...

wow. Congrats on getting this far. You now outweighing your husband with twins isn't a bad thing. I outweighed Brian when I was preggo with Reese.... yeah. It wasn't pretty.

Two boys. I think I must have missed the announcement that the twins were boys. have you announced name ideas?? I am so excited for you.

And hey - 23 and two kids isn't bad thats where I am at too, but I am a little jealous that you only had to be pregnant once to get them both here!

Good luck the next few weeks!

KACI JOHNSON said...

Meg you look cute as ever and I can't believe that you have two babies growing in your stomach. The last month is about the worst but then they will be here before you know it. Do we have a shower date for you yet?

sharon. said...

You are so cute! I still can't belive you're having twins. my friend just had twin girls and she is only 22, so don't feel too bad :) can't wait to see these boys!

Melissa said...

Just wondering how you're doing... and how you're feeling.