Wednesday, July 16, 2008

BURNT FRIED RICE

Since the Internet has decided to never work again for our apartment, I am posting our blog a little late this week and without pictures due to the fact I have to use the Internet cafe. If the Internet ever decides to work again I will post pictures from our latest adventures.
So this last weekend we went to the edge of the world. Well the edge of the ancient world. We went to the southern most part of Europe (and Spain) which is a city called Tarifa. We were on the straight of Gibralter and literally had the Mediterranean Sea on one side and the Atlantic ocean on our right side. It was amazing to say the least!
The beach was amazing and I couldn´t believe how nice the sand was. It was probably one of the best beaches I have ever been to. Tarifa was hailed in one of our travel books as the ¨Hawaii of Spain¨which I don´t entirely agree with, but the water was awesome and the trip was well worth the time and money. The only drawback was the wind. It caused two major problems. One, the sand was so fine and light that the wind blew it literally everywhere. I had sand in every crack and crevice of my body for two days. The second is that it kept the weather deceitfully cool and therefore the sunscreen was not used as much as it should have been. Thus the title ¨Burnt Fried Rice¨ which is what we both are...extremely
My favorite part of the entire trip was that I could see AFRICA! Literally it was just across the water. At night we saw the lights of Morocco and Tangier and I wanted to go there so badly. It was however around $50 per person to take the ferry over for the day and so Africa must wait for me another time. At least I have had a good glimpse of her though!
I have come to realize as the summer is heating up, just how HOT my husband is. I don´t however, mean attractive necessarily...which I believe he is...extremely so...but his body temperature is literally five degrees above normal at least. At night when I am sweltering in the heat with no relief, his body is like a furnace. This is nothing against poor Ty personally but I hate, Hate, HATE being too hot. Especially as I am trying to sleep. So I have taken to building myself a fort of pillows to keep the heat out and the cool in. I can´t wait for air conditioning again.
I can´t believe that we only have two weeks left in Madrid. The time has gone by so quickly. We are excited for our big trip that is coming up and also very excited to come home once again. A big congratulations goes out to Jackson and Cherese (sorry if I spelled your name wrong!) We are so excited for you two. Em, you are in our prayers and I am sure you will find a babysitter for cute little Danny Boy soon. We miss you all and thanks for your emails!

3 comments:

Robbie said...

Burnt Rice . . . I love a good pun! ;)

T and Jackie Isom said...

We have that heat problem, too, only it is me who is the hot one. He hates being overheated like that! Sometimes, he gets so frustrated, he will refuse to touch me!

Anonymous said...

Oh the fun parts of marriage no one told you about. Yes, I too was quite surprised at the heat that keeps a couple apart at night. Unfortunately for me, its me that is the furnace. When Brian had finally put up with it as long as he could, he kindly broke it to me that he didn't like to sleep so close and well, that's that. Jokes on him though, cuz now we have tried out a King size bed and whoo-ha, first chance we get I am buying one of those and he can have his side all to himself. It will be me kindly breaking it to HIM that I need my space too. Hehe. And Love the title - I didn't get it at first - but very cute.