Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Latest and Greatest

For Memorial Day weekend, my sister Lindsie and I went to Lava Hot Springs for a few days. I was excited to try out camping again and just have a small vacation. We had so much fun driving 7 hours to go see Craters of the Moon which was supposed to be "like a half hour away," soaking up the hot springs, and swimming. I also made some killer tin-foil dinners and decided I perhaps like camping.






Since graduation, we had been looking for a condo to buy. Tyler's business is doing great and we were able to save money for a down payment. The condo we ended up getting was one I fell in love with and it fell through our fingers once, but I am glad we got it the second time around. Here are some pictures that the seller's took before they moved out. It is a two bedroom, one bathroom condo on about 3900 South and 900 East. 





Here are some pictures from Graduation. We walked with Madi, Rj, Dustin, and Kelli. I wasn't really thrilled about it beforehand but I am glad I went through with the whole ceremony. It made things feel more official. 






Finally, for those of you who don't know, Tyler and I found out we are pregnant about a month ago. I am about 11 weeks right now. We have been super excited and I have been feeling great. Probably a little too great. Well today we went in to listen to the baby's heartbeat and our Doctor decided to do an ultrasound to make sure she could see the heartbeat. We pulled up an image of the baby and the doctor decided to change the view to see better. When the view changed we had quite the surprise...We are not just having one baby, but two! Twins for the Rice's! I still can't believe it, but I am still really excited. So we will make sure to keep everyone updated on our growing family.

9 comments:

todd and erin said...

Wow Megan! Congratulations on twins!! I'm excited to hear how things go--you'll be a great mom!

T and Jackie Isom said...

That is so exciting! I'm so happy for you!

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

Congrats on graduating and on the twins! You will be a great mom. I'm glad you are feeling good so far too.

Jamie said...

I still just can't believe it! Twins! Cute graduation pictures and your campout looks like it was fun... I hope we do one with the little kids soon. They would love it!

The Payne Family said...

Holy cow!! I saw this on your facebook and had to come check out your blog. That is so awesome... 2 babies! Congrats!! That is so fun... definitely keep us updated!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on Graduating and becoming a MOM!! TWINS!! I have to say I am jealous - the idea of getting two kids out in one stroke seems pretty nice to me...

I hope you know this now means you will have to post MUCH MUCH more often. Love ya Megs. I am SO excited for you!

KACI JOHNSON said...

Since we never see you guys I just wanted to say a very much delayed congrats on the twins! We heard through the Rice grapevine and couldn't be more excited for you guys. Also congrats on the graduation and new place. Your place is adorable!

The Hurst Family said...

Megan-I totally stole your blog from Nichole. I hope you don't mind if I spy on your growing (rapidly) family. Congratulations on your graduation and new home purchase. Which town are you in? That address could fit any Utah town? I'm really proud of how well my miamaids are doing. You're all marvelous. Love you tons. RaeAnn