Friday, August 15, 2008

Italy!

Sorry that we haven't been so great at updating the blog on our latest travels. On this lovely Friday evening we find ourselves in the Eternal City of Roma. But let's back up for a bit and let you know what's been going on...
We went from Venice (our last update) to the Cinque Terra where we had a blast hiking the whole thing. The Cinque Terra is five cities along the Italian Riviera that take about 6 hours to hike through each one. We had a blast and even though the path was sketchy in some parts (a german man in front of us actually fell off the edge to a terrace 6 or 7 feet below) we made it through safe and sore. Safe and sore pretty much describes our whole vacation thus far. Tyler got a quick swim in the Mediterranean and we had a lovely time relaxing in the countryside. Next we went to Florence. It was SO HOT there. I wasn't feeling to great and I think the heat is starting to get to me a bit. But Florence was lovely and before we arrived in Florence we stopped in Pisa to see the leaning tower. It was actually pretty cool. We saw the David in Florence and I think they used Tylers bum as a model because it is just as good as David's (if not better...sorry Grandma!). Our favorite part of Florence, and Italy in general, is starting to become the gelatto. We are trying to not splurge too much but gosh it is so good I can't hardly walk by a gelatto stand and not stare at all the different flavors.
So now we find ourselves in Rome and for our Friday night date we wondered over to the Colosseum (spelling? a note on spelling, I looked up how to spell wienerschnitzel Scott, so don't be too impressed with my last post). Ok it wasn't a night in Vegas or anything but we saw the REAL Caesar's Palace and they even had guys dressed up as Gladiators and Soldiers (although the costuming is better in Vegas). Tomorrow morning we are off to see the Vatican and explore the rest of Rome. We fly back to Madrid on Monday morning and we will be in the USofA by Tuesday! Yeah baby! We miss you so much and hope all are doing well. We sure love ya!

5 comments:

J and H Hunsaker said...

I love Italy too!!! I had the chance to go while your cousin Jonathan Hunsaker was on his mission (this is his wife Heather) I got to go to Rome, Florence, Pisa and Venice and I too LOVED the gelatto I couldn't get enough

Brittney said...

Fun stuff ... I feel like it's been forever since we've seen you guys ... soon enough though

Rebecca said...

cinque terra and florence were my favorite parts of Italy! I love all the colored villas and the shopping--AMAZING! Enjoy :)

T and Jackie Isom said...

Hey, I tagged you on my blog. I am looking forward to reading your quirks!

KACI JOHNSON said...

Megan i keep getting crap for it so I'm going to start giving you crap for it, you need to update already!! I keep checking your blog and there is nothing new and I want to know how you and tyler are doing and what you guys are up to. If i update then hopefully you will too!!