Saturday, May 17, 2008

Week 2





Hey everyone,
So another week went by in beautiful Madrid and we found another random internet connection for the laptop so I can update the blog with pictures. For those of you who don't know, our apartment is supposed to have Wi-fi sometime within in the next week to 18 days. Whatever the random 18 days means is beyond me. 
First of all, I would like to apologize for my many spelling/grammatical errors in the first blog. I was so excited to have an internet connection, I typed as furiously as my little fingers would allow and did not spell check or proof read. Some of you may be rolling your eyes at this point because it is a blog, not a dissertation, but I can't stand reading ANYTHING with a lot of errors so therefore my own blog can't suffer hypocrisy!! 
Anyway, this week was a great week for us, as I mentioned. Tyler found out the embassy has an American store with pretty much everything a store in the US would have, including....drumroll please....Dr. Pepper! Woot! Woot! But you would all be proud to know that I have not had one as of yet. Partially because I chose not to and partially because my security clearance to go the store has not been given to me yet so I can't get into the dumb thing. Tyler is not sympathetic to my obvious addiction. But we are happy that the prices at the store are low and there is a lot of convenient food to suit our needs.
Tyler has been working away at the Embassy. So far his superiors have been pleased with his work and his efforts and I know he will do great. He is such a hard worker and completely capable of anything they throw at him. He has been talking about a career in the foreign services and my fingers are not crossed too hard (wink). 
I spent the week searching for random internet connections and was thrilled to find a website that pirates new movies and so I watched the movie "Baby Mama" which was hilarious. I have also been reading a lot and already nearly finished my second book. I am trying not to read that much because I don't have a lot of books and I don't want to go through the whole collection within the first month. 
Tyler and I had a long weekend because he doesn't work on Fridays and Thursday was a holiday here in Spain (he gets the US and the Spanish holidays off work!). On Thursday we went to the center and looked around at all the lovely sights. I am falling more and more in love with Madrid everyday. It is such a beautiful place and so wonderfully clean. We tried to find a good gelatto shop but our efforts were in vain and we went home a little cross.
On Friday we went to the train station to make our reservations for our trip next weekend. Oh, did I mention we are going to Paris on Friday? WWWWHHHHHAAAAATTTTTT!!????!!!! I know...I am beyond thrilled. Words can't even express. It is my lifelong dream to go there and I have wanted to go for as long as I can remember. So we are dashing off to France for the weekend. Bon voyage!
For the rest of Friday we walked around in the rain and partial sun. We found a gelatto store and I got Tyler to try gelatto for the first time and he is hooked now too. The late afternoon in Madrid is when the party begins. There was music everywhere and we stumbled upon an outdoor ballroom floor with hundreds of couples dancing to big-band hits in a beautiful park next to the royal palace. It was magical and I wish there were things like this in the States. A place where people who grew up to jazz music and learned to dance to it, can come and dance the night away with no cost. I love Europe!
Tyler and I have been enjoying many long conversations about random things. One of the things I love about Tyler is his eager willingness to learn. We have conversations about Scientology, libidos, and hermaphrodites to name a few. Since then Tyler has asked more about "limbidos" and is convinced Hermaphrodites don't exist. According to the movie "Baby Mama" which I was lucky enough to cite as a resource, 1 in 10 babies are hermaphrodites....ha ha! Poor Ty doesn't have the password to our blog to even defend himself. Love him!
Hope you all loved hearing the antics of Tyler and Megan aboard and stay tuned for next weeks show!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dasing off to France for the weekend. Sigh... You are so lucky!